I posted this one on one or two other forums and thought I'd show it here too.
I took one badly painted figure (Verlinden Marine), about to be thrown away and used it as a base for trying out a new technique.
I allways liked the way snipers in Ghilliesuit looked, but had no idea how to build one....
Untill recently..... I used pieces of unthreaded cloth in camouflagecolours.
The rifle is supposed to be a Remington 700PSS and is scratchbuilt.
I tore apart small cotton clothsamples, mixed them up a few threads at a time and glued them onto the figure, starting at the bottom, working my way up.
The rifle is scratchbuild, but since it will be heavily camouflaged, there's no need for much detail. I painted it green and wrapped some thinpaperstrips around it, painting them buff and adding some small coloured bandagepieces.