Disclaimer

Non of the items here are posted with any form of political meaning, content or similar. Everything is displayed with an emphasis on historical correctness, unless stated otherwise. Swastikas and SS-runes are a part of military history, as are David's stars, rising suns, stars & stripes, hamer & scyths etc. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to leave! Political correctness does not live here and I will not be held accountable for hurting any overly sensitive souls that can not handle history.
If you are interested in building scalemodels, study actual military history and the like however, you're most welcome to stay, browse, read and/or comment.

The contents of this blog are mine; the models I built, the ideas I used etc. If you want to use these, I'd appreciate it if you asked permission first and use the contents as they are intended; the making and depicting of scalemodels.
The reference pictures I use were dug up on the internet and I use and share them only as such; a reference. Whenever possible I will state the source, but unfortunately I have no idea where I found many of them anymore. The vast majority of the military images have been "living" on my harddrive for years.

tisdag 9 april 2013

"Endstation" Sd.Kfz.251/22 part 3

12 jan. 2010

I once again turned my attention to the base.
First the frontwall of the loadingarea had to be taken care off. At first I wanted to go for a brickwall or even a wall of natural stones. The brickwall did not work out to good and looked to plain and ordinary. Natural stone is a bit boring too... So I figured why not go for concrete? Might be fun to do a wall, showing the boarding used during the pouring. It shouldn't look to neat; some rough boarding, pouring and done!
One morning's work;

A little tip on how to do this. After mixing and adding the plaster, wait untill it is not longer sticky to the touch. Then use a small, wooden board with handle, and dip that board in water. Then press it into the plaster. Took me several tries to figure that out....

Checking and rechecking the height;


After that the laodingarea and the railbed had to filled up. I used these as references;



As you can see, none of these have a hard surface. It looks like sand or gravel. So I tried to recreate that too. I also had to find the correct distance between railcar and loading area, so more measuring and readjusting here.
After that I filled the railbed with some very fine grit, coming from the railwaymodellingneighbours. It's a messy job, but what worked best is to make a mix of grit and 50% diluted whiteglue, untill you get a saturated mix. No liquid should be visible, but the grit itself almost becomes liquid. This way I found it works best and is easiest added and modelled in place with an old, stiff brush.

Now I let it dry for a few days in a warm place with ventilation. After the surface had dried I played around with the setup a little...



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar