Non of the items here are posted with any form of political meaning, content or similar. Everything is displayed with an emphasis on historical correctness, unless stated otherwise. Swastikas and SS-runes are a part of military history, as are David's stars, rising suns, stars & stripes, hamer & scyths etc. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to leave! Political correctness does not live here and I will not be held accountable for hurting any overly sensitive souls that can not handle history.
If you are interested in building scalemodels, study actual military history and the like however, you're most welcome to stay, browse, read and/or comment.

The contents of this blog are mine; the models I built, the ideas I used etc. If you want to use these, I'd appreciate it if you asked permission first and use the contents as they are intended; the making and depicting of scalemodels.
The reference pictures I use were dug up on the internet and I use and share them only as such; a reference. Whenever possible I will state the source, but unfortunately I have no idea where I found many of them anymore. The vast majority of the military images have been "living" on my harddrive for years.

tisdag 9 april 2013

"Endstation" Sd.Kfz.251/22 part 4

As I said I played around with the setup a little. I wasn't completely happy with how it looked, but fixed it!
The pointing figure and 2 of the sitting figures moved or were replaced. The result of that was that the small section of railcar suddenly was empty.... But I found just the thing for that in my modelcemetery... It was an old Tamiya StuG III, previously built by my son.

Here's the patient undergoing surgery;

In order to rework the rear I used these pictures from primeportal.net Finnish StuG III

I placed everything and everyone in a more or less final setup. The raketenwefer Püppchen is a metal one and comes from the sparesbox, the same as the StuG and all the crates.
One of the problems I ran into was fixing the StuGrear. It is too wide, only slightly, but still. It is also quit fragile, so I had to figure out a way of attaching it firmly. There was also a gap at the bottom of the dio. An empty space where nothing happened. I fixed that too, by adding 2 more figures.

I altered the fingerpointer's head, so he now yells at the crouching figure behind the crates.

18 jan. 2010
I am still waiting for my parts to arrive, so I focussed on the figures and accessoires. The figures have their basic coats of paint. I want to have some Mongolic/Asian troops, hence the dark basic skintone.

I also exchanged the expensive resin ammoboxes for cheap plastic ones from the sparesbox and draped a tarpaulin over them. That one is made from some umbrellacloth. It is thin, has e great structure for representing canvas in this scale.  Since loading and rigging armor for transport requires the use of wooden blocks and beams, I made some of those too..... from the stabilizing stick of fireworkrockets. The have weathered nicely outside since new year's day....

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar