Non of the items here are posted with any form of political meaning, content or similar. Everything is displayed with an emphasis on historical correctness, unless stated otherwise. Swastikas and SS-runes are a part of military history, as are David's stars, rising suns, stars & stripes, hamer & scyths etc. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to leave! Political correctness does not live here and I will not be held accountable for hurting any overly sensitive souls that can not handle history.
If you are interested in building scalemodels, study actual military history and the like however, you're most welcome to stay, browse, read and/or comment.

The contents of this blog are mine; the models I built, the ideas I used etc. If you want to use these, I'd appreciate it if you asked permission first and use the contents as they are intended; the making and depicting of scalemodels.
The reference pictures I use were dug up on the internet and I use and share them only as such; a reference. Whenever possible I will state the source, but unfortunately I have no idea where I found many of them anymore. The vast majority of the military images have been "living" on my harddrive for years.

onsdag 10 april 2013

"Endstation" Sd.Kfz.251/22 part 5

20 jan. 2012
Time for another update... and it is one hell of an undate!

My Tank Workshop-accessoires have arrived, so I finished up the exterior. I added several rings and hooks to the nose and sides and I made a wire for the Boschheadlight too. The barrelsupport has been relocated and corrected as has the visor on the passenger's side been exchanged for a steelplate.

As this is a late war vehicle, I wanted to have a hardedge camouflagepattern in green, brown and yellow. The weather has been good, so I took my vehicle, airbrush and went outside. Don't have a sprayingbooth.....

I figured that, in order to get the desired effect, I'd spray the vehicle in brown and green and then add Microscale's (the ones from the sol and set) micromask to create the flowing lines with hard edge. After that I wanted to spray the vehicle over in dark yellow.
So first Tamiya's green. No problems there. Then Vallejo's brown with a dash of darkgrey to darken it... Because of my inexperience with vallejo's paint I thinned it down too much, causing it to run down the sides as I sprayed! and yet the airbrush had trouble getting the brown paint to flow properly??

Ok... No problem.... I'll just gently remove the excess paint with kitchenpaper.... I left it to dry and added a second layer and that was left to dry again.

After that I started adding the maskingfluid. A thick, syruplike substance which was added with a brush. It was a little hard getting a nice, flowing hardedge, but I did. Then I left it all untill the maskingfluid started to get dull... and thus dry. Or so I thought.

Then it was time for the final layer with the airbrush. I covered it all with dark yellow, lightened up with a hint of ivory. I left it all to dry properly. Then it was time for the highlight of the day. The camouflagepattern was to be revealed!!
But...? What was that??  I could not get the maskingfluid, which hat set into a solid mass, off. Another go, then. Ahh.. off it comes.... but not just the maskingfluid! It pulled off the paint too! Not just the yellow one, but the brown and green too.  And if that wasn't bad enough, the remaining fluid proved to be hard to remove totally! I was done laughing for a while....

How can I fix this?
Covering it in ovencleaner would ruin the interior, which is next to unreachable and can't be fixed afterwards...

21 jan. 2012

A report from surgeryroom 1. The patient was brought in with serious injuries to the skin. He is on the table; quite and relaxed now. Despite consultations with other modellingsurgeons and doctors, who helped diagnose the problem, a satisfying agreement on how to cure it was not reached. Therefor I opted for my own solution; painstakingly removing each shred of skin using plyers and very fine sandpaper. The undamaged parts of yellow skin were to be maintained and covered. The covering "bandage" was good old Dr. Tamiya's maskingtape, carefully cut into flowing lines.

After that a new green skin of Tamiya green was added, left to dry thoroughly after which the procedure was repeated and the brown layer was added, being Tamiya's red brown with a dash of black.

After a good hour the bandages were removed, with sweat on my forhand, but with a steady hand. The result was very encouraging;

After some retouches I was not unpleased with the final result.'

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar