Disclaimer

Non of the items here are posted with any form of political meaning, content or similar. Everything is displayed with an emphasis on historical correctness, unless stated otherwise. Swastikas and SS-runes are a part of military history, as are David's stars, rising suns, stars & stripes, hamer & scyths etc. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to leave! Political correctness does not live here and I will not be held accountable for hurting any overly sensitive souls that can not handle history.
If you are interested in building scalemodels, study actual military history and the like however, you're most welcome to stay, browse, read and/or comment.

The contents of this blog are mine; the models I built, the ideas I used etc. If you want to use these, I'd appreciate it if you asked permission first and use the contents as they are intended; the making and depicting of scalemodels.
The reference pictures I used were dug up on the internet and I use them only as such. Unfortunately I have no idea where I found them anymore, but many are from German archives. These pictures have their origin still visible on them.

tisdag 11 november 2014

Italeri's Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.H - build and paint done!

Progress is steady and the buidling- and paintingstages are completed! I even did the figure...
After all the washes, detailpainting and such I gave the entire vehicle some final highlights and drybrushes in pure white. Especially the non-white items, so that they'd look frozen and cold.
I deliberately added 2 yellow wheels, just to give a small bit with colour. The starantenna will also be yellow.
I gave the tracks first a heavy drybrush in Vallejo's pure steel, followed by a sandy brown and a deep brown wash, yet I do not expect to see much of that when all is done...
I also added the rubber tracks, some extra tracks on the nose and "all" the bits that were broken. I realised that a good deal of the parts that were supposed to be damaged by the fall actually had occurred previous to that! Things like the starantenna's top, a small detail keeping the left front plate in place and somehow I managed to loose one entire plate! The right rear one is gone....


The figure was first based with dark brown, before I started building up a pale skintone. The goal was to create a cold, tired and worn face. A face of someone who is cold, has been in action a while and has had little rest.
So a pale skintone with red cones, lips and nosebridge (skintone, red leather and a hint of bright red) . Tired, so blue edges (wash) around the eyes and worn, so grooves in the face (darker wash) and stubble (skintone+brown and a hint of black)


Just showing the start of the base...

And now... Let is snow!!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar