Non of the items here are posted with any form of political meaning, content or similar. Everything is displayed with an emphasis on historical correctness, unless stated otherwise. Swastikas and SS-runes are a part of military history, as are David's stars, rising suns, stars & stripes, hamer & scyths etc. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to leave! Political correctness does not live here and I will not be held accountable for hurting any overly sensitive souls that can not handle history.
If you are interested in building scalemodels, study actual military history and the like however, you're most welcome to stay, browse, read and/or comment.

The contents of this blog are mine; the models I built, the ideas I used etc. If you want to use these, I'd appreciate it if you asked permission first and use the contents as they are intended; the making and depicting of scalemodels.
The reference pictures I use were dug up on the internet and I use and share them only as such; a reference. Whenever possible I will state the source, but unfortunately I have no idea where I found many of them anymore. The vast majority of the military images have been "living" on my harddrive for years.

måndag 28 december 2015

Corporate peacekeeper part 2 - paint

I completely forgot to show the updates.....
By now I have come a long way in the painting process. I have been thinking a long time on how to paint this one. At first I thought on using a sort of angular pattern, like the Swedish M90, but with different colors; more greys and browns. However looking at the figure I abandoned that idea. It would be far to complicated to achieve, since painting this one, with all the cast on gear and details would prove hard enough as it was. I studied a number of experimental patterns and one caught my attention; An experimental US Marines pattern. However I also like some others and since I did not want to copy any particular one, I decided to mix some patterns and colors and come up with one on my own.

A selection of what I had been looking at;
Some Asian (Filipine?) patterns;

San Marco / COMBUSIN


Experimental Dutch

The base is a light sandy colour (Tamiya Buff), over which light grey (Andrea confederate grey) angular patterns were applied, a bit as shown. Then I proceeded with dappling on a pattern in green and brown (vallejo Russian uniform and English uniform), a bit in the fashion of the modern German Bundeswehr-pattern, but in bigger patches.
The reason for the choice sand/grey/brown and green was that it seemed more urban to me than the usual camo-patterns.
During the basic painting I added white to all the colors on the shirt, grey to the colors for the pants and I kept the colors as they were for the helmet and bodyarmour. This way I wanted to show fading through wear and differences in production.
I enhanced those differences by adding a neutral wash to the shirt, a brown one to the pants and a dark one to helmet and armour.

The facemask and the pistolholster I panted vallejo's panzergrey, replicating rubber, the pouches a variation in greens, like Tamiya olive drab, khaki drab, the grenades Tamiya JN green and the straps in a free mix of buff and one of the mentioned greens. The leather elbow protectors are a base of Andrea Red leather with a drybrush of medium flesh and a dark wash and the leather leg- and kneeprotectors are Lifecolour German camouflage brown with a drybrush of red leather and flesh and a dark wash.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar