Disclaimer

Non of the items here are posted with any form of political meaning, content or similar. Everything is displayed with an emphasis on historical correctness, unless stated otherwise. Swastikas and SS-runes are a part of military history, as are David's stars, rising suns, stars & stripes, hamer & scyths etc. If you have a problem with that, please feel free to leave! Political correctness does not live here and I will not be held accountable for hurting any overly sensitive souls that can not handle history.
If you are interested in building scalemodels, study actual military history and the like however, you're most welcome to stay, browse, read and/or comment.

The contents of this blog are mine; the models I built, the ideas I used etc. If you want to use these, I'd appreciate it if you asked permission first and use the contents as they are intended; the making and depicting of scalemodels.
The reference pictures I used were dug up on the internet and I use them only as such. Unfortunately I have no idea where I found them anymore, but many are from German archives. These pictures have their origin still visible on them.

torsdag 18 februari 2016

Corporate peacekeeper part 5 - it is done...

I'm calling this build done.


I added a good deal of washes and pastelchalk powders to the lot, all the while thinking on how to bring more life to the street. I thought about adding a newspaper, but could not get that right. Neither did I get a decent representation of a sodacan or something like that. I thought of plastic bottles or maybe even an empty oil can, but found nothing suitable or useful. So I went for debris of a fight; some rocks that had been thrown, a boken batton, a spent shellcase from a (gas)grenadelauncher and a puddle of suggestive, dark liquid in a corner. And still there was something missing. So at the very last I added some roadmarkings in white. The sand is used to mask glue spills. Now it looks good....
The powders I used are ground up pastelchalk, using browns for the street/tarmac and greys for the concrete roadblock. With the browns I brought the figure into the scene too, by dusting up the lower half of it.
A problem I faced was the dog's floating right hindleg. I shoved an old "plastic bag" underneath it, so the dog has a reason to lift its paw. The plastic bag adds a nice touch to the messy overall look.









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar